Hawaii is one of the most relaxing and beautiful destinations in the world, and everyone is dreaming of going there at least once in a lifetime. But because it’s illegal to sunbathe nude on the state beaches of Hawaii, some tourists find it difficult to fully take advantage of the sun. If you’re one of these tourists, then you’ve come to the right place, because here, we’re going to present you the best Hawaii beaches where you are allowed to sunbathe nude.
Even if we’re talking about a state that tolerates sexuality, there have been many discussions about nude sunbaths. In the past, you weren’t even allowed to sunbathe topless because the locals were disturbed by it. Now, the topless sunbath is a very common thing on many islands of the state and it is not prohibited anymore. There are locals that are still disturbed by the fact that people are showing their intimate parts, but in the end it’s all about the tourists, isn’t it?
Rules of the Hawaii state beaches
When you choose Hawaii as a destination for your vacation, you are interested in many details, such as the prices of the hotels and restaurants, the best beaches, the nightlife etc. But, there are also tourists who are interested in more than this. Nudity has become more and more popular these days and many people embrace it as a natural thing to do when it comes to enjoying the sun and relaxing. When going on a vacation that implies sand, water, a lot of fun and sun, some people want to know if they can make nude, or at least topless, sunbaths. These are technically out of discussion on the state beaches of Hawaii, but, if you look closely, you can find beaches where nudity is not a bad thing. We will tell you all about them in order to give you an idea of where you can go and enjoy the sun at its full potential without being disturbed by the Federal Park rangers.
Sunbathing nude is not the only thing that’s prohibited on these state beaches. If you want to cool yourself with a Mai Tai or a Bloody Mary on the beach, you can also count it as illegal. You can buy from juice the ABC stores, if you really feel you can go without it. The state prohibits drinking alcohol on the beach, but it is perfectly normal to drink it if you’re in the water. So, sailing for an hour and a half with your favorite booze doesn’t sound bad at all.
Nude and topless beaches in Hawaii
- Kehena Beach or Dolphin Beach is a black-sand beach located in the Puna district. Hidden from the curious eyes with the help of cliffs and trees, Kehena Beach encourages the desire to sunbathe naked or topless, but the swimming can be a little harsh because of the big waves and rough currents.
- Little Beach is a well-known beach that encourages you to free your spirit and do some topless or even nude sunbathing. Located in Maui, you can access it from Big Beach. Leave your car in the parking lot and walk to the northwestern part of the beach where you will see a path formed by lava. On Sundays, you can go and practice fire dancing until the evening comes and you can swim and snorkel as well.
- Donkey Beach, located in Kauai, is not a beach that you can see from the road. It is well hidden and the access is made from a cane field, which is now on a private property. The previous owners allowed the access to the beach, but the new ones hired security guards to protect the beach from those in search of nude sunbathing.
- Honokohau Harbor Beach is located on the Kona Coast, more specifically in the Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park. The northern part of this yellow-sand beach is a well-known gay beach. However, if you want privacy, this is not the perfect place, because there are numerous Federal Park rangers patrolling.
- Kauapea Beach or Secret Beach is a Kauai nude beach with beautiful landscapes and yellow sand. You can practice snorkeling or you can swim, but not during the winter, because it can be very dangerous due to the big waves.
- Kaihalulu Beach is a red-sand beach formed in a cove, and it’s very difficult to access. You can get there by driving to the Hana Community Center and from there you will need to walk on a private property. You will find a path that will take you to the cove. Here, you can enjoy the beauty of the beach, the sun and the rather calm water.
Secret Hawaii beaches for your fun
The locals preserved many of the Hawaii beaches as secret, but, in time, they became popular attractions for the tourists because everyone wanted to go somewhere new. Still, if are an adventurer, you can start searching for secluded beaches like Baldwin Beach Cove, where you can sunbathe topless without being disturbed. However, nude sunbaths are not allowed.
The pools at Twin Falls are also nude-friendly, and here, you can swim among other people that are comfortable being in Adam’s suit. The owners are allowing this, so you won’t need to worry about it.
The Dragon’s Teeth or the Makaluapuna Point is a secret place where you can be free without any worries. You may find some other people that discovered the secret, but you can enjoy the sun peacefully.
If you want to plan a vacation on one of Hawaii’s islands, now you know where to go if you want privacy and nude sunbathing. You also know where not to go if you don’t encourage this “free-your-spirit” kind of thing.
Whatever the case, just relax and enjoy one of the most beautiful destinations on the planet. The locals are friendly and willing to help you, the weather is perfect and the water is more than good for swimming or snorkeling. Moreover, if you want to try nude sunbathing, now you know where to go. What more could you ask for? Just don’t forget your sunscreen and sunglasses, and you’re good to go.